Wednesday 20 February 2013

Quail

No sorry I did not see one. If only. I look and look but have never spotted one and sightings reported through the bird list I am on, are precious few.

But never fear, if shooting the blighters is your thing, you can take 20 a day, during the upcoming quail shooting season in Victoria, that starts in April.
http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/game-hunting/game/stubble-quail/2013-stubble-quail-season

On the other hand, if you know where there are quail in abundance, I'd really like to know, so I can look into booking an eco holiday to see them. I tried googling 'problem quail' and 'plague quail' to see if I can find where they are so plentiful that they can be taken as a sport but all I got were biblical references and advice for pet quail ailments. Surely quail hunting is only with us, as an accident of history? Last time I checked my watch I wasn't in Europe in the Middle Ages. 

Anyhow I am not going to jump up and down about this one. I have a pressing need to pay attention to applied linguistics in any spare moments so this blog may slide into recess...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment